IT Professional--LPI Linux Essentials
Become a Certified IT Professional and make more than $50,000 a year to start
Our IT Professional course trains students for entry-level employment in IT support, help desk, desktop support and general IT maintenance positions. The focus is on broad IT knowledge, technical customer support, troubleshooting, analysis, and problem solving.
Become Certified in LPI Linux Essentials
- Understand FOSS, various communities, and licenses
- Gain knowledge of open source applications in the workplace as they relate to closed source equivalents
- Learn basic concepts of hardware, processes, programs, and the components of the Linux Operating System
- Understand how to work on the command line and work with files and how to run simple scripts
- Demonstrate how to create and restore compressed backups and archives
- Demonstrate system security, users/groups and file permissions for public and private directories
Additional Attendance Information
Class meets Online two evenings per week.
Eligibility Restriction (Pre-Requisite)
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Following your purchase, the next step will be to complete a supplemental application. The Program Manager will provide you with the supplemental application and walk you through the onboarding process.
Central New Mexico Community Collegehttps://www.cnm.edu/
Located alongside the picturesque Sandia Mountains, Central New Mexico Community College (CNM) is the largest higher education institution in New Mexico in terms of undergraduate enrollment, serving more than 22,000 learners. Representatives from businesses and industries help CNM develop programs to ensure that CNM students acquire the skills needed for success in the workplace. CNM offers associate degrees and certificates in more than 100 fields of study, and accelerated, non-credit skills training that quickly connects learners to high-demand careers in the region’s economy. Many of the courses offered on this platform are managed via CNM Ingenuity, a non-profit division of CNM, focused on intensive training, entrepreneurship, and economic development. CNM Ingenuity partners with the College to explore and deliver new modes of education in in-demand career fields.