Deep Dive Intro to Game Design and Development
Learn how to create a digital game using the popular game engine Unity!
The demand for digital game design and development skills has grown significantly.
The development of digital games is not only very popular for entertainment games but is a rising star in ‘serious games’. Digital gaming is a means of entertainment and corporate/government/educational training.
The projected revenue of the digital game development market is expected to exceed $200M by 2023 (Forbes, 2021).
Join us for our in- depth course in digital game design/development (beginning with game design prototyping) and resulting in a playable digital game using the most popular game engine Unity (Techraptor, 2021).
Plus, throughout the course, students will receive Free Coaching Services!
Additional Attendance Information
On-line but synchronous learning, over Zoom, M-F 9-5.
Eligibility Restriction (Pre-Requisite)
- Experience with the Windows, or OS X operating system.
- Practical user-level understanding of the Internet – e.g. using a modern internet browser such as Chrome, or Firefox browser to navigate the World Wide Web and download files.
- Fundamental computers skills, including basic use of the keyboard and mouse, as well as higher-level actions for file management (moving, copying, and deleting files).
- Functional use of digital peripheral devices such as digital cameras, mobile devices (smartphone/computer tablet), external drives and other digital tools.
It’s expected that our students use their own laptop in this bootcamp, with an operating system of Windows 10OS or Mac 10.13 or above. Webcams and microphones are required if not built into the laptop. Internet access with a minimum of 3.8Mpbs/3.0Mbps (up/down) is also required. Limited loaners are available. Contact us for questions about loaners or whether your computer meets our minimum specs:
- Intel Core i5-i7
- Graphics: Intel Iris Plus
- RAM: 8-16GB
- Screen: 13.3-inch+, FDH (1,920 x 1,080) – 4k (3840 x 2160)
- Storage: 256GB – 2TB SSD
- Intel Core i7-i9
- Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5300M-Radeon Pro 5500
- RAM: 16-64GB
- Screen: 16-inch Retina display with True Tone
- Storage: 512GB-8TB SSD
Central New Mexico Community Collegehttps://unmudl.cnm.edu/
Located alongside the picturesque Sandia Mountains, Central New Mexico Community College (CNM) is the largest higher education institution in New Mexico in terms of undergraduate enrollment, serving more than 22,000 learners. Representatives from businesses and industries help CNM develop programs to ensure that CNM students acquire the skills needed for success in the workplace. CNM offers associate degrees and certificates in more than 100 fields of study, and accelerated, non-credit skills training that quickly connects learners to high-demand careers in the region’s economy. Many of the courses offered on this platform are managed via CNM Ingenuity, a non-profit division of CNM, focused on intensive training, entrepreneurship, and economic development. CNM Ingenuity partners with the College to explore and deliver new modes of education in in-demand career fields.
REFUND POLICY: For courses with a rolling start date or on-demand, Ingenuity will provide a refund so long as your cancellation is received at least 2-business days from the time of your registration and you have not activated any of the course assets (e.g. access codes).
Refunds are processed according to the form of payment received (check or credit card).