IT Professional--LPI Linux Essentials
Become a Certified IT Professional
Our IT Professional course trains students for entry-level employment in IT support, help desk, desktop support and general IT maintenance positions. The focus is on broad IT knowledge, technical customer support, troubleshooting, analysis, and problem solving.
Become Certified in LPI Linux Essentials
- Understand FOSS, various communities, and licenses
- Gain knowledge of open source applications in the workplace as they relate to closed source equivalents
- Learn basic concepts of hardware, processes, programs, and the components of the Linux Operating System
- Understand how to work on the command line and work with files and how to run simple scripts
- Demonstrate how to create and restore compressed backups and archives
- Demonstrate system security, users/groups and file permissions for public and private directories
Additional Attendance Information
Class meets Online two evenings per week.