Introduction to Python 3 Programming
The Python programming language was developed to provide a way to code that's easy to create and understand. While Python contains the same basic structures as other computer languages, it also offers unique functionality that makes your life as a programmer easier. This course will show you how to create basic programming structures like decisions and loops. Then, you will move on to more advanced topics such as object-oriented programming with classes and exceptions. In addition, you will explore unique Python data structures such as tuples and dictionaries. You will even learn how to create Python programs with graphic elements that range from simple circles and squares to graphical user interface (GUI) objects like buttons and labels.
Eligibility Restriction (Pre-Requisite)
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- You will need Python 3.X (3.1, 3.2, or a later version), which you can download free of charge.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Pima Community Collegehttps://pima.edu/community/career-development-ceus/index.html
Pima Community College is Southern Arizona’s premier source of training for adult learners who seek to quickly gain skills and credentials. If your goal is to advance in your current occupation, or to find a new career, you've come to the right place.
What you get from a Pima education:
Instruction from the pros. You’ll learn skills from faculty members who, when they aren’t teaching, are working in industry.
Training on brand-new equipment. You’ll learn on the latest and greatest at our Centers of Excellence, cutting-edge workspaces that emphasize hands-on learning.
Work-based learning. We offer apprenticeships and internships that will give you a good sense of what a job will actually be like.